Thursday 22 March 2012

Mid Night

This poem, Midnight is a sad reminder of my breakup after my bad experience, being left behind outside dark and alone trying to get home... I was very distraught and very hurt, torn my heart apart into two after being used and then leaves a message after all that had happened... what am really to you, what's your damn excuse to hurt me, why you do this to me, you didn't just leave me empty handed, only filled with more questions. I would post  this song to my ex, ' Get over it by the Eagles '
lyrics that fits him perfectly.
yeah you drag it around like a ball an' chain
you wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain
you wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown
got your mind in the gutter, bringin' everybody down
ya bitch about the present and blame it on the past
I'd like to find your inner child an' kick it's little ass

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this poem really got you into a place where you remembered a lot of pain. The woman in the poem is trying to find something she can hold on to in order to keep her dead husband close to her. She only has that one line, suffering takes no special talent", a powerful line that makes her feel like a failure. You did a great job of connecting your experience and the Eagle song. Good work!

    ReplyDelete